Job Title:Honors Attorney Program, GS-0904/0905-11/12, KD-Exc Svc
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Office of the Solicitor
Job Announcement Number:SOL-2013-0035
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$62,467.00 to $74,872.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, August 15, 2013 to Monday, October 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Permanent - Full-Time|
|4 vacancies in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Qualified U.S. Citizens that meet the requirements described below.
The Department of the Interior (DOI) Solicitor’s Honors Attorney Program is designed to recruit highly-qualified recent law school graduates and judicial law clerks for our Headquarters law divisions in Washington, D.C. During this 1 year program, Honors Attorneys/Law Clerks participate in developmental opportunities, rotate through the five Washington D.C. divisions, and receive other opportunities to enhance their skills in the practice of law in the DOI programmatic areas. The application period for the 2014 Honors Program will be open until September 5, 2013.
Will Travel and Relocation Expenses be Paid? NO
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Program?
Eligibility Requirements: This program is available to recent law students who: 1. Will graduate between May 2013 and May 2014; or 2. Are current Judicial Law Clerks serving no more than a 2-year clerkship. Applicants should possess significant academic achievement (i.e., a GPA of 3.0 or higher) and/or legal or programmatic work experience as described in at least one of the areas below:
- High Academic Achievement (graduated top 25% of class)
- Law journal or other relevant writing experience
- Moot court competition, legal aid, or legal clinic experience
- Law Clerk or Legal Intern experience
- Natural Resources, Indian or Environmental law interest as demonstrated by course work, professional experiences, etc.
Individuals selected for this Honors Program are expected to begin work on October 6, 2014 in Washington D.C., and must sign an employment agreement committing to remain with the Office of the Solicitor for three years from date of original appointment.
Law School graduates not yet admitted to the Bar as of September 30, 2014 will be placed in Law Clerk positions at the GS-11 level pending admission to the Bar, at which time they will be eligible for conversion to an Attorney Position.
- Law School graduates who have been admitted to the Bar will be placed in Attorney positions at the GS-11 level.
- Judicial Law Clerks who have been admitted to the Bar will be placed in Attorney positions at the GS-12 level.
While tentative offers to the DOI Solicitor's Honors Attorney Program will be made well in advance of the October 2014 start date, final confirmation of appointment is contingent upon the availability of funds at that time.
Upon successful completion of this 1-year Honors Attorney rotation program, selectees will be converted to permanent positions without further competition in one of our D.C. Divisions based on the needs of the Office at the time of placement. Individuals converted are subject to serving a trial period.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment security clearance required.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a trial period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.