Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
These positions are located within the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Office of Human Resources, in various locations. As a Human Resources Specialist you will provide a variety of HR Services including management advisory functions, strategic planning, operational support, and problem resolution in the area of position classification, compensation, recruitment and placement, and organizational design.
- Performs recruitment activities related to variety of positions that include professional, scientific, senior level, hard to fill, highly visible or sensitive, etc.
- Provides advisory consultation to managers, employees, and job applicants on FDA's recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Assesses applicants and refers the best qualified candidates to selecting officials.
- Evaluates qualifications of candidates, adjudicating veterans preference, and referring best qualified applicants to the selecting official. Provides internal and external placement support.
- Provides assistance to manager and applicants providing information concerning recruitment programs and procedures.
- Conducts recruiting outreach efforts at job fairs and at meetings.
- Provides comments to supervisor, team leader, or requesting organization regarding proposed HR actions.