Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities.
These positions are located within the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Office of Human Resources, in various locations. As a Human Resources Specialist you will provide a variety of HR Services including management advisory functions, strategic planning, operational support, and problem resolution in the area of position classification, compensation, recruitment and placement, and organizational design.
The specific salary including locality pay for each location is noted below:
Chicago, IL: $89664.00-$116562.00
San Francisco, CA: $96,867.00-$125,926.00
New York, NY: $92,259.00-$119,935.00
Jefferson, AR: $81,823.00-$106,369.00
Atlanta, GA: $85,500.00-$111,148.00
Bethesda, MD: $89,033.00-$115,742.00
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- Provides expert consultation service and recommends innovative solutions to a wide variety of difficult and complex HR and management issues.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on FDA's recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines to advise management, employees, and job applicants on such processes.
- Assesses applicants and refers the best qualified candidates to selecting officials.
- Evaluates qualifications of candidates, adjudicating veterans preference, and referring best qualified applicants to the selecting official.
- Performs strategic planning, evaluation, and consultation to management on various employment mechanisms and recruitment strategies, sources, alternatives, and programs.
- Performs operational staffing and placement service (e.g., merit promotion, delegated examining, details, temporary promotions, etc.)
- Advises management on position classification matters to recommend optimal staffing options.
- Provides expert guidance on the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions (GPPA).
- Provides quality level review to lower graded specialist.