In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
1. Basic Education Requirement I have a bachelors degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management. In order to verify that you meet the positive education qualifications for this position, you should submit a complete copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (Course title, semester/quarter hours and grade). Failure to submit this information may result in an ineligible rating.
Note: This education requirement applies to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000, are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
FACTOR: Minimum Qualifications:
To qualify for Contract Specialist-GS-1102-12, your qualifications must include:
2. Specialized Experience Statement I have one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in the level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the GS-11 in the Federal Service that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
· Experience with evaluating offers received, determining responsiveness, conducting price and/or best and final negotiations, determining reasonableness of price for recommendation for award.
· Experience with contracting administration principles, policies, regulations, practices, and procedures.
· Experience modifying contracts to incorporate supplemental agreements, providing incremental funding, and reflecting de-finitization of sole source emergent procurements.
· Experience with analyzing contractor cost proposals prepares and/or reviewing technical advisory reports (TARS) and audit advisory reports (AARs).
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1100/contracting-series-1102/.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Are you using your education to qualify? For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, we strongly recommend that you submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned). See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Additional Information: .
· A SECRET security clearance is required. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in removal
· This is a Non-Critical Sensitive position.
· Completion of a satisfactory Background Investigation is required.
· This position requires Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level ll Certification. Incumbent must have a Level II or be able to obtain it within one year of on board date.
· This incumbent of this position is required to comply with Federal Procurement Policy Act (41 USC 423) as amended. An OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report is required annually, per guidelines in Joint Ethics Regulation, Section 7-300.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
1. Knowledge of regulations and procedures.
2. Knowledge of Contracting and Procurement.
3. Skill in Problem Solving.
4. Skill in Cost Analysis and Negotiation Procedures.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.