The Food and Drug Administration - Protecting and Promoting Your Health
Help protect public health by joining the FDA's Center for Devices & Radiological Health (CDRH). From reviewing applications for innovative medical devices to educating industry on relevant policies and regulations to providing accurate, science-based health information to the public, CDRH is at the forefront in ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of the medical devices and radiation-emitting products that millions of Americans use daily.
This announcement is being posted using a government-wide direct hire authority (DHA).
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As a Medical Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the postmarket safety and effectiveness of medical devices marketed and used nationwide;
- Providing clinical support for the analysis of potential medical device-related public risks;
- Advising on policy guidance, document review and interpretations of legislation affecting medical devices;
- Establishing policies regarding the analysis and interpretation of surveillance or regulation of medical devices;
- Serving as the technical expert on medical device issues to the Center, FDA, and external organizations within the private and public sectors