Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the occupational questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
9421651. Title of Job
TRAINING TECHNICIAN2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member with the Missouri Army National Guard OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
0611. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Training Technician21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
293510037 Harrisonville, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess progressively responsible general clerical experience or other work which demonstrates your ability to acquire and to apply a practical knowledge and understanding of the program objectives, policies, procedures, and requirements relating to the work of a training program?
2. Do you possess 9 months of specialized experience that demonstrates knowledge of and skill in applying training rules, regulations and procedures; ability to perform administrative and clerical duties; and assemble data into proper format as directed by oral or written instructions?
3. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 2, do you possess undergraduate level education in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours in fields directly related to the type of work of the position?
4. Do you possess 6 months of specialized experience that demonstrates knowledge of and skill in applying training rules, regulations and procedures; ability to perform administrative and clerical duties; and assemble data into proper format as directed by oral or written instructions?
5. Do you possess 3 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to perform administrative and clerical duties; assemble data into proper format as directed by oral or written instructions; and maintain records and establish filing systems?
6. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
7. Devised and implemented military training plans, guidelines and procedures, reports and assessments for the unit and individuals assigned.
8. Ensured that training is conducted in accordance with Army training doctrine.
9. Prepared training guidelines, individual training records, operation orders, mobilization plans, SOP's, and readiness reports.
10. Prepared for unit yearly training workshop to develop yearly training plan with unit leadership.
11. Prepared for monthly unit training meetings.
12. Prepared training schedules and plans for approval by higher headquarters.
13. Maintained training guidance and documents as required by higher headquarters.
14. Prepared training and evaluation outlines and lesson plans.
15. Prepared automated requests for orders.
16. Prepared correspondence for approval by higher level supervisor.
17. Completed training expenditure forecasts.
18. Coordinated training programs to include the scheduling of training areas, obtaining equipment and other materials required for testing of personnel and training scorer/evaluators or test officers.
19. Procured, designed, reproduced, and distributed a variety of training aids, map overlays, and transparencies that are necessary to unit personnel for the efficient operation and training of the unit.
20. Requested, allocated, and monitored the usage of training ammunition.
21. Ensured ammunition requests are submitted and fully justified and in-keeping with authorization and issuance of ammunition.
22. Forwarded requests for training ammunition.
23. Managed the military schools program.
24. Coordinated with higher headquarters to obtain quotas for personnel to attend schools (Service, NCO, Special, etc.).
25. Managed use of school quotas, training support mandays and other training resources as allocated to an organization.
26. Prepared and forwarded requests for training ensuring applicants are eligible to attend the school requested and all prerequisites were met.
27. Prepared or requested the appropriate personnel actions (e.g. ASI or MOS award) upon completion of required training and other qualifications.
28. Coordinated, scheduled, and monitored the use of training facilities, areas and ranges for annual and inactive duty training.
29. Made recommendations regarding training facilities best suited to the organization in achieving its goals and objectives.
30. Initiated requests for equipment training support to higher, adjacent, and other military commands to support unit training objectives.
31. Operated and maintained indoor firing range facility.
32. Developed the unit Mission Essential Task List (METL) and provided input for the yearly training plan.
33. Assembled and maintained statistics on weapons qualification, crew qualifications/table certifications, Army Physical Fitness Test, weight control, Common Task Testing, Military Occupational Skill Qualification and other critical data.
34. Trained unit leaders on how to maintain leader books and other training material as directed by the command.
35. Prepared and maintained the unit's Training Assessment Module (TAM).
36. Assisted in maintaining working relationships with local officials, clubs, etc., for a variety of such purposes as armory security coordination with police, suitability investigations, armory rental, unit participation in celebrations, or fund raising drives, and to provide public information about the National Guard.
37. Worked with community organizations to obtain support for the National Guard.
38. Assisted in completing supply transactions for the unit in the absence of the Supply NCO/Technician.
39. Requisitioned, received, stored, issued and accounted for supplies and equipment such as rations, ammunition, fuel, clothing, office supplies, forms and publications, communications, equipment, small arms, tool sets, vehicles, etc.
40. Posted, updated and maintained in current status unit property records such as hand receipts, and equipment checklists.
41. Initiated reports of survey when necessary and statements of charges for lost damaged or destroyed property.
42. Assisted in completing administrative and personnel transactions.
43. Prepared or assisted in preparing critical personnel documents.
44. Prepared correspondence for the organization.
45. Prepared and submitted pay documents to higher headquarters.
46. Performed recruiting duties to maintain the unit at authorized strength.
47. Established personal contact and maintained effective working relationships with assigned recruiters, public officials, civic groups, veterans' organizations, schools, active duty recruiters and other organizations and groups.
48. Participated in school activities such as "career days" for the purpose of informing individuals and groups of the benefits of belonging to the National Guard.