Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is for the Embedded Behavioral Health (EBH) initiative. This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
- Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
- As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year 2013. An employee in this position MAY be subject to furlough. If applicable, specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to the individual selected for this position.
Who May Apply:
As a Clinical Psychologist, you will:
- Make mental health diagnoses as appropriate in accordance with DSM-IV-TR criteria, or other, more current, accepted standards.
- Provide individual and group therapy, using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
- Assess acute mental health conditions in beneficiaries who present with such issues.
- Screen and interview patients, perform bio-psychological social evaluations using expert knowledge of general and specific concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of therapeutic effort and institute changes to increase effectiveness of therapeutic efforts.