The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) focuses on scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). The mission of NCCAM is to define, through rigorous scientific investigation, the usefulness and safety of the complementary and alternative medicine interventions and their roles in improving health and health care. The Office of Clinical and Regulatory Affairs (OCRA) within NCCAM oversees clinical research supported by NCCAM, which is conducted by investigators supported by grants, cooperative agreement or contract mechanisms. OCRA provides the Center with expertise in support and oversight of biostatistics, epidemiology, clinical studies, and federal regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical research.
If you are an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable, and motivated individual interested in joining a dynamic team of professionals overseeing clinical research, you should consider a Health (Clinical Studies) Specialist position with the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), Office Clinical and Regulatory Affairs (OCRA).
- Reviews and tracks data collected on the NCCAM clinical research portfolio.
- Plans, develops, and implements oversight of targeted research programs.
- Reviews and manages patient safety data, implementing necessary changes in study conduct based on safety data.
- Directs development and maintenance of standard operating procedures for adverse event data collection, processing and reporting systems.
- Performs oversight/management pertaining to the regulatory and procedural aspects of clinical site monitoring and performance evaluation.
- Oversees tracking of Investigational New Drug (IND), Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and Pre-Marketing Applications (PMA), progress reports, and other related paperwork.