Unlock secrets in deep oceans, track rapidly moving storms, operate state-of-the-art environmental satellites, chart the Nation's waterways, formulate models to forecast climate trends, protect and preserve our living marine resources...it's all in a day's work at NOAA! Join a dedicated workforce committed to a vital mission: safeguarding the public, protecting natural resources, strengthening the economy. A career that makes a world of difference!
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be an actual vacancy at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
The directions for applying to this announcement can be found in the “How to Apply” section of this Public Notice. Please do not apply to this posting through USAJobs. Applications submitted through USAJobs will not be considered. You must apply by sending your application to the designed email address.
This position is located in the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), a corporate staff office of the Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). AGO acquires products and services and awards the financial assistance necessary to meet the mission and goals of NOAA. Through the award of contracts and grants, AGO administers nearly half the NOAA outlay each year. AGO plans, designs and coordinates acquisition and grants standards, practices, and procedures for all NOAA offices and their subordinate entities. It provides program direction and guidance to the NOAA headquarters and field procurement and grants organizations. AGO awards and administers all NOAA acquisition and financial assistance transactions and it provides acquisition and financial assistance services to DOC operating units and services other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis.
NOTES: Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
- A one year probationary period may be required, unless previously satisfied.
- Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
- This position is not in the bargaining unit.
Locations: Norfolk, VA - Seattle, WA - Silver Spring, MD
Salaries are as follows: GS5 $31,315 - 44,293, GS7 $38,790 – 54,875, GS9 $47,448 – 67,114
There is non-competitive promotion potential to the GS 12.
At the full performance level, GS-12, the individual selected for this position will serve as a Senior Contract Specialist. The individual will:
- Manage assigned contracts, leases, grants and interagency and cooperative agreements within NOAA and Department of Commerce;
- Audit or review major acquisitions presenting findings, recommend corrective actions and policy or procedure improvement;
- Conduct meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or acquisition related issues as contractual representative when warranted; and
- Advise next level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encountered and propose solutions.