Unlock secrets in deep oceans, track rapidly moving storms, operate state-of-the-art environmental satellites, chart the Nation's waterways, formulate models to forecast climate trends, protect and preserve our living marine resources...it's all in a day's work at NOAA! Join a dedicated workforce committed to a vital mission: safeguarding the public, protecting natural resources, strengthening the economy. A career that makes a world of difference!
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be an actual vacancy at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
The directions for applying to this announcement can be found in the “How to Apply” section of this Public Notice. Please do not apply to this posting through USAJobs. You must apply by sending your application to the designated email address.
This position is located in the NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), a corporate staff office of the Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). AGO acquires products and services and awards the financial assistance necessary to meet the mission and goals of NOAA. Through the award of contracts and grants, AGO administers nearly half the NOAA outlay each year. AGO plans, designs and coordinates acquisition and grants standards, practices, and procedures for all NOAA offices and their subordinate entities. It provides program direction and guidance to the NOAA headquarters and field procurement and grants organizations. AGO awards and administers all NOAA acquisition and financial assistance transactions and it provides acquisition and financial assistance services to DOC operating units and services other Federal agencies on a reimbursable basis.
- A one year probationary period may be required, unless previously satisfied.
- Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
- This position is not in the bargaining unit
Norfolk, VA $96,690 - $125,695
Seattle, WA $103,169 - $134,118
Silver Spring, MD 105,211 - $136,771
NOTES: Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
The individual selected for this position will serve as the Contracting Officer on agency-wide strategic sourcing. The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a principal representative of the NOAA Acquisitions and Grants Office to customers within NOAA and DoC;
- Making presentations, conducting training and consulting with program managers and end users
- Conducting negotiations and meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or controversial issues as an authoritative contractual representative;
- Advising senior level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encounters and proposed solutions to program difficulties.