Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Office of Device Evaluation.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
Salary range listed includes locality pay.
If selected for this position, you will:
· Maintain manager/supervisor daily calendar using own initiative.
· Schedule appointments, conferences and meetings.
· Collect and summarize information from files, documents for various reports, briefings and conferences.
· Keep abreast of all Office directives, policies and procedures and serve as a consultant to secretaries in subordinate Divisions.
· Coordinate all travel arrangements, prepares all supporting travel documentation and is familiar with the GovTrip System.
· Arrange for other officials to represent the Deputy Directors when necessary while keeping supervisor informed of all commitments.
· Serve as timekeeper for the Office of the Director staff, monitoring and providing information on policy and regulations.