Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS)
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug and Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Rockville,Maryland.
Additional selections may be made within the geographical area FDA-wide.
- Supervises a staff of behavioral, clinical/non-clinical pharmacology, and tobacco addiction scientists whose mission is to evaluate, lead, direct and review studies of the behavioral, clinical/non-clinical pharmacology, and tobacco addiction aspects of public health issues and problems.
- Plans and schedules work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts long and short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, considering difficulty and requirement of assignments as well as the capabilities of employees.
- Provides guidance and/or training to behavioral, clinical/non-clinical pharmacology, tobacco addiction and related research experts and other professionals within FDA on matters relating to specific expertise.
- Provides authoritative and professional expertise in dealing with the behavioral, clinical/non-clinical pharmacology, and tobacco addiction aspects of public health issues related to tobacco products.
- Proposes areas of study for in-house and contract regulatory science research projects.
- Collaborates with other Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) staff in the design of public health programs, to understand and incorporate behavioral, clinical/non-clinical pharmacology, and tobacco addiction aspects in an integrated approach to tobacco and impact on individual health.
- Provides expert advice and assistance to scientists and officials on a wide-range of matters. Advises the Office and Center management on public health issues related to the area of scientific expertise.
- Provides verbal and written findings and recommendations to other Agency organizations, other Federal agencies, regulated industry, universities, and state, local, and foreign governments.