WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted members.
Position Location: PFO-SSW, Atlanta, Georgia.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive: Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent, dual-status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in a maintenance facility, warehouse, training site, supply or support type facility. Its purpose is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Materials Handler functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
- Assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
- Operates large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors, stake trucks, mobile cranes, and forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
- Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property.
- Prepares statements of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property.
- Performs other related duties as required.