In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED SYSTEMS MECHANIC position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate and repair malfunctions in one or more complex integrated systems where knowledge of the entire system is necessary to interpret error data and trace back through a number of units of the system to locate deficiencies. Thorough knowledge of principles of digital and analog circuits, electro-mechanical devices, solid state devices, digital techniques,synchro/servo operation and integrated circuit theory. Ability to interpret and trace schematics, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).
Experience or training in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. Experience in using a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE) . Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Broad knowledge of electronic principles. Knowledge of the principles of mechanics, hydraulics, optics, and pneumatics.
2. Thorough knowledge of electronic theories and practices as they apply to one or more complex integrated systems. Broad knowledge
of such applications as radar, digital or analog computers, digital or
cathode ray tube display devices, etc. Knowledge of the technology and
practices which integrate these components into a total functional
3. Knowledge of algebra and basic trigonometry functions in order to adapt standard formulas.
4. Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and blueprints.
5. Ability to trace errors and effect of changes through the total system. Ability to diagnose and determine required repair
6. Ability to use tools and equipment associated with the trade.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.