If you are intrigued by the idea of working at a unique federal agency that has a tremendous impact on the funding and advancement of science, engineering and education, then the National Science Foundation is the place for you. In addition to funding research in traditional academic areas, NSF also supports innovative ideas, novel collaborations and numerous projects that may seem like science fiction today, but become the reality of tomorrow.
NSF has the advantages of a small agency environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and opportunities to contribute to major agency-wide projects. Consistently ranked by its employees as one of the top federal agencies in managing its workforce, NSF maintains a creative, flexible, and collegial atmosphere and is respected in both the public and private sectors for its management best practices and stewardship of federal funds. Join our team at one of the best places to work in the federal government and use your knowledge and imagination to keep NSF at the frontier of discovery! More about NSF. This position is located in the Office of the Director, Office of Legislative and Public Affairs, Public Affairs Division. A major function of the division is to support the NSF Director and Deputy Director in communicating the mission, policies, goals and impacts of NSF to enhance understanding of them and to expand collaboration on science and engineering issues between NSF and policy makers, other government entities, business and industry, academic institutions, and external organizations.
Incumbent will develop and execute communication strategies to promote NSF policies, core values, strategic plan, research initiatives, and accomplishments to encourage governments, academia and industry to work toward a common understanding of NSF's science and engineering research and education priorities, goals and benefits. Specifically you will:
- Develop a variety of written materials, especially formal speeches and remarks, for the Director and Deputy Director on research and education issues and goals for the nation.
- Work directly with the Director and Deputy Director to facilitate communications with internal and external communities.
- Advise the Director and Deputy Director in preparing materials for presentation.
- Monitor progress on activities of interest to the Director and Deputy Director.
- Develop and maintain reliable information sources within and outside NSF.
- Generate relevant scientific and/or administrative data used to prepare analytical and interpretative reports and guides.
- Identify and conceptualize ideas and materials needed to ensure that strategic goals and messages regarding NSF objectives and initiatives are conveyed by the Director and Deputy Director to interested parties.