The Office of Financial Research (OFR or Office) is a new organization established by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in the Treasury Department to provide data and analysis to the Financial Stability Oversight Council (the Council) and its member agencies, improve the quality and transparency of financial information, conduct and sponsor research related to financial stability, and promote best practices in risk management.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
Treasury Headquarters, the Departmental Offices, has responsibility for formulating policy and the overall management of the Department of the Treasury. The Office of Financial Research is recruiting to fill a key Applications Software Developer position. The ideal candidate will have experience with MVC web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Django; experience with agile development and related practices (e.g. TDD, CI, and CD); knowledge of various data persistence mechanisms (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, and HDFS/hadoop) with large amounts of data; and experience building digital library or search and discovery systems. This position is in a small office with top staff members who work on a wide array of interesting subjects. We offer both flexible work schedules and an opportunity for challenging and interesting work. We are located in the heart of Washington, DC with offices on 15th and Pennsylvania, next door to the White House, a few blocks from the McPherson Square and Metro Center metro stations, and close to shops, museums, and restaurants.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and your salary!
We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
Click "Print Preview to review the entire announcement before applying.
We may offer opportunities for telework.
You may be considered for incentives or programs as part of the initial offer of employment.
The following are the duties of this position at the OR-53. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Plans and develops applications that support a highly data-centric analytical environment.
* Architects and integrates loosely coupled, REST/API-based web services using XML and JSON.
* Develops software on cross-functional agile teams using TDD and automated functional testing.
* Understands software craftsmanship and places an emphasis on software quality. Leads code reviews and refactoring sessions.
* Automates software build, test, and delivery pipelines.
* Serves as a focal point for application development, and integration of the OFR analytic software and software systems which include COTS and open source components.
* Serves as POC for resolving technical issues and provides guidance to management in pursuing innovative solutions to applications development, data management, and software delivery.