For this positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (paid, unpaid, or volunteer work) comparable in scope and responsibility to the upper range of the NY-02 pay band at or equivalent to, the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of specialized experience may include leading configuration management and quality assurance activities; facilitating configuration change control boards and supporting processes; testing enterprise scale applications; configuring the infrastructure and architecture, as well as developing modules, templates and web pages using Drupal content management system and developing/maintaining IT standard operating procedures.
Such experience should be clearly documented in the applicant's resume.
DO NOTSUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS OR OTHER UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTS. EDUCATION CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR EXPERIENCE AT THIS LEVEL.
If you are selected for this position, you will be required to satisfactorily complete a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
2. Computer Languages
3. Technology Awareness
4. Web and Mobile Technology
Important Note: Your resume must support your answers to the job specific questions. High self-assessment on the Occupational Questionnaire that is not supported by the information in your resume or supporting documents can/will result in elimination from further consideration. If you do not answer all of the job specific questions you will not be considered. Incomplete applications (resume and required supporting documents) will be considered ineligible. Qualified applicants will be placed in one of the following three categories:
1 - Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
2 - Well Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency based on the answers to the job specific questions.
3 - Best Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates high level proficiency based on the answers to the job specific questions.
NOTE: Status candidates will be considered under the provisions of the Corporation's Human Resources system which allows for:
1) Non-competitive referral of lateral candidates; and
2) The separation of status and non-status applicants for referral purposes.
Status candidates will be referred on one selection list only, i.e., either merit promotion or non-competitive.
Nonstatus candidates who are eligible for Noncompetitive referral, e.g. Peace Corps, VRA, etc., will be referred under Noncompetitive procedures only. For Noncompetitive categories, See "Special Employment Consideration" below under "Other Information."