· Plans, develops and executes all phases of specialized research projects related to viral and plasmid vectors to induce cross-protective immunity against influenza.
· Coordinates collaborative research efforts with others in the same lab and at other institutions.
· Keeps abreast of current relevant research in the published literature in influenza, immunology, anti-viral immunity, and use of recombinant vectors, as well as earlier literature.
· Provides expertise to the Center in new technologies, such as immunological assays, molecular biological techniques, animal models of infection including both the ferret and mouse models of influenza and assessment of viral vectors.
· Reviews investigational and marketing applications for cell and gene therapy products.
· Interprets regulatory policies relating to existing and new technologies.
· Serves as an expert in resolving problems, modifying procedures, developing and interpreting policy.
· Makes high-quality presentations at seminars, national and international professional conferences addressing global public health problems, as a representative of the agency/entity.
· Collaborates with others to achieve research objectives.
· Advises others about laboratory procedures and discuss agencys/entitys regulatory procedures with others.
· Serves on committees for the review of regulatory documents and contributes to discussions of agencys/entitys regulatory issues and policies.
· Prepares scientific papers for publications and posters for presentations at conferences after analysis, interpretation and evaluation of data.