Job Title:Budget Analyst (Sch A Eligibles)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Offices, Boards and Divisions
Job Announcement Number:13-CR-MK-SCHA-004
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, August 06, 2013 to
Monday, September 02, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Term NTE NTE 2 years|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Open to U.S. Citizens with disabilities|
If you are an individual with a disability or disabilities, you may be eligible to apply for Criminal Division positions even when there are no current vacancies or open announcements. The "Qualifications and Evaluation" tab of this announcement provides more information on eligibility.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) mission to enforce the law, and to defend the interests of the United States and its citizens in accordance with the law, is carried out by approximately 104,000 talented and diverse men and women, working in 40 separate component organizations and in numerous and varied law enforcement, legal, and administrative mission-critical occupations. DOJ leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. With such an important mission to achieve, it is critical for DOJ to recruit a highly-skilled workforce. Become a member of our team, where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission.
Consider joining the DOJ Criminal Division. One of seven litigating Divisions in the Department, the Criminal Division investigates and prosecutes complex criminal matters and assists the 93 United States Attorney Offices in investigations, trials, and appeals. In addition to its direct litigation responsibilities, the Division formulates and implements criminal enforcement policy and provides advice and assistance in sensitive areas of law enforcement; advises the Attorney General, Congress, the Office of Management and Budget and the White House on matters of criminal law; provides legal advice and assistance to federal prosecutors and investigative agencies; and provides leadership for coordinating international as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement matters.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualifiy for this position.
- You must undergo a pre-employment security investigation
- You may be required to take a drug test.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Financial/Budget Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Distributing budgets to management officials responsible for programs/sections, maintaining accounting records to prevent overobligation, and analyzing funds to identify possible trends which may result in surplus of shortage funds
- Conducting research and analysis related to resolution of budget related issues and activities. Developing recommendations and conclusions out of ordinary financial issues.
- Projecting and analyzing the potential effects if budgetary actions on program viability and attainment of objectives.
- Reviewing and coordinating accounting records and preparing budget execution documents.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on program obligations.
- Providing guidance and managing review and coordination on budget execution with program managers.
- Providing analysis to identify differences between current spending and budgeted estimates and making adjustments in accounting systems as appropriate.
- Reviewing and coordinating accounting records and preparing apportionments, allocations, and/or operating budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify at the GS-09 level, applicants must demonstrate one of the qualifications as listed below
A. Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-07 grade level or equivalent. Examples of creditable experience may include: Performing and advising on budget administration tasks and to identify and refer those reprogramming actions which require prior approval to officials at higher echelons; OR master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; OR a combination of experience and education as described above.
- Experience Using Microsoft Excel or similar software
- Project Management
- Aptitude at Math, Accounting or Finance, etc.
To apply under this announcement, you must be an individual with an intellectual disability, a severe physical disability, or a psychiatric disability. If you are offered a position, you must be able to provide proof of your disability. Acceptable proof is appropriate documentation (e.g., records, statements, or other appropriate information) issued by:
1) A licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); OR
2) A licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); OR
3) A Federal agency, State agency, or an agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits (e.g., Social Security Administration).
Other Requirements:All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service (see http://www.sss.gov). If selected for this position, the applicant must sign a statement certifying his registration, or the applicant must demonstrate exempt status under the Selective Service Law.DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on the competencies you possess that are directly related to the duties of the position being filled. A human resources specialist will validate the qualifications of those candidates referred to the selecting official.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes the Assessment Questionnaire and the Required Documents indicated below. The Application Package must be received by 11:59 PM, Eastern Time, onMonday, September 02, 2013.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the "Submit My Answers" button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 938394. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the Assessment Questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire, and
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package which includes:
- Your Résumé (Cover Letter is optional) - applicants will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of experience or related education as reflected in their resume. Applicants are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show the possession of knowledge of the subject matter pertinent to the position and the technical skills to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Proof of Disability - Proof of disability will typically come in the form of a letter. Such a letter simply needs to say that you have a severe disability.
You can get this letter from:
- your doctor,
a licensed medical professional,
- a licensed rehabilitation professional, or
- any federal, state, District of Columbia, or US territory agency that issues or provides disability benefits.
The letter does NOT need to detail your medical history or your need for an accommodation. The simpler the letter is, the better.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After applying, if you are found qualified, you may be referred to the Selecting Official for further consideration. Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the Selecting Official.