The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Inspector General (OIG) is currently looking for an Executive Assistant in our Headquarters Office located in Washington, DC. Join our professional team of auditors, criminal investigators, and inspectors who help support DOE's mission through performance and financial audits, inspections of management issues and administrative allegations, and investigations into alleged violations of law.
DOE is the Nation's top sponsor of research and development (R&D) and has won more Nobel Prizes and R&D awards than any private sector organization and twice as many as all other Federal agencies combined. DOE has operating nuclear facilities, science laboratories, power marketing administrations, and environmental clean-up sites in 35 states, and is responsible for many accomplishments in fields including alternate fuels vehicles, biological and environmental research, energy efficiency, nuclear security and non-proliferation, clean power technologies, medical technologies, gene research, and computers and microelectronics.
The OIG offers potential for advancement, excellent benefits, and numerous training opportunities. We are located in 13 states throughout the U.S. Please visit our website at http://www.ig.energy.gov.
As an Executive Assistant within the Office of Inspector General you will serve as the personal assistant and confidant to the Inspector General (IG) and will:
1. Assist in the preparation of briefing documents and directs the preparation, drafting and editing of necessary materials for use by the IG for conducting meetings, or for making presentations to DOE officials, other government agencies, the Congress, and public interest groups.
2. Review outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy, and conformance with general policy.
3. Maintain historical and Congressional files for the IG.
4. Plan and coordinate the work of the office by ensuring the smooth flow of correspondence; maintain calendar of appointments and conferences; make travel arrangements; and follow up to ensure that required actions are completed.
5. Coordinates and finalizes Congressional responses, for the IG’s signature, by the requested due date and following processing guidelines.