Earth Day is every day at EPA! Come help us protect the environment! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA. See more about us here: http://www.epa.gov.
This position is located in Region 2, Clean Water Division, Drinking Water and Municipal Infrastruture Branch, State Revolving Fund Program Section, New York, NY.
For more information on this office, visit their website: http://www.epa.gov/region2
Please note that you, as the selectee, may have to take up to 55 furlough hours (unpaid time) by September 30, 2013, including the remaining designated furlough day of August 30, 2013. The number of furlough hours that you have to take will be proportional to your start date.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Serve as the Project Officer for State Revolving Fund (SRF) capitalization grants and assist other Agency staff with managing technical aspects of the SRF program.
- Review and make recommendations on SRF capitalization grant applications.
- Track the amount of funds available and used for each grant.
- Track environmental benefits via the SRF program's Benefits Report systems.
- Provide regular assistance to State staff in the resolution of routine problems.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend more than 50% of your work time on grants/cooperative agreements.