Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, GS-12, which is directly related to this line of work, and MUST have area knowledge of Cuba, its people, history, and culture and MUST be bilingual in both Spanish and English.
Specialized Experience is defined as having knowledge of Multimedia journalism best practices and principles, video journalism with understanding of television program production and storytelling, web storytelling and the use of social networking for news gathering and reporting, blogging, community based websites, and crowd sourcing; and knowledge of copyright law and privacy protection.
Examples of such experience is producing a wide range of multimedia products (audio, video, text) using many different production processes, methods and techniques; researching new means of presenting the information, conducts interviews, analysis, and interpretation of information on a variety of subjects selected for production to attract and maintain a Cuban audience's attention; proven creativity, technical and editorial resourcefulness in all phases of Multimedia production, and ability to resolve problems, improvising and responding quickly to rapidly changing situations and/or showing use of complex multimedia software systems and hardware related to digital audio, video, and graphic generation and editing.
Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
THE SELECTEE TO THE EXCEPTED SERVICE MUST SERVE A TWO-YEAR TRIAL PERIOD
The Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521 required the applicant selected for this position to submit a financial disclosure statement, OGE-278, prior to assuming the position, annually and also upon termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies.
- Multimedia Journalism
- Television Production
- Technical Equipment, including video camera, audio, and editing
- Performance in front of the cameraTo assist in determining if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Providing false information may be grounds for not selecting you or termination after appointment. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Excepted Service Procedures:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be reviewed and compared to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, your qualifications will be further reviewed by a Human Resources Specialist, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the critical experience requirements listed in this vacancy announcement. You will then be placed in one of three rating categories:
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
- Well Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Best Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated "outstanding" proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.