THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
The incumbent serves as a Multimedia Producer, Video Journalist, and Reporter for the Office of Cuba Broadcasting's TV Marti, with responsibility to conceive, plan, research, adapt, write, edit, and report news and information segments suitable for broadcast on the web and other OCB platforms.
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Researches, selects, writes, and prepares original integrated, highly targeted, well-balanced Spanish production material using a variety of sources while ensuring accuracy, comprehensiveness, and balance.
- Operates and controls video cameras in addition to editing equipment, ensuring that the video quality of all work produced meets established professional standards.
- Conceptualizes and designs complex video programming with an innovative and creative approach, in various formats.
- Participates in news and program planning meetings to suggest coverage ideas, as well as asseses news and other material on the basis of news value based on the knowledge of US, Cuba, and world events and the interest to a Cuban audience.
- Covers news events, conducts and edits audio and/or video interviews, writes copy, and assembles multimedia reports.
- Maneuvers, positions, frames, and focuses the camera instantaneously, successfully capturing images and determining shot compositions. Selects lights and other accessories appropriate for high quality productions. Works with the camera on a tripod and also hand-held.
- Reviews, selects, obtains, and edits still photos, audio, and video clips, to accompany his/her programs or stories when they are published on the martinoticias.com website and/or social media. Ensured all copyright restrictions are respected.
- Operates as a team member, sharing responsibility in all respects of Internet publication including writing, editing, voicing, and producing.