Job Title:Hazard Mitigation Assistance Specialist, GS-301-12
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:MG-2013-15279-LDC-937246MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$73,420.00 to $95,444.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, August 02, 2013 to Friday, August 16, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Bothell, WA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is ideal for a Hazard Mitigation professional looking for an opportunity to work in Mitigation collaborating with experts in other functional areas to develop integrated Hazard Mitigation policy recommendations. This position starts at a salary of $73,420 (GS-12, Step 1), with promotion potential to $95,444 (GS-12, Step 10).
This position opportunity is also being advertised under All U.S. Citizens/Delegated Examining and at the GS-12 grade level.Please see vacancy announcement number MG-2013-15279-LDC-934282DE for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.
- This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 12/31/59 - Selective Service Registration required.