Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of New Drug (OND). The incumbent will serve as the project coordinator/manager for a drug review team consisting of both scientific and regulatory personnel within and outside the division.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CDER-DE-13-936862 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Serves as co-leader managing activities collaborating with the scientific co-leaders on assigned project(s).
- Manages entire review process, including internal and external meetings, for one or more classes of drugs to ensure regulatory and policy requirements are being met.
- Develops project plans to include setting time frames, milestones, and agreed upon completion dates.
- Ensures the timely resolution of scientific and regulatory conflicts or problems to maintain project and performance goals.
- Monitors the workload for the specific drug application review team.
- Reports project activities and status for assigned projects.