THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
The incumbent serves as a Digital Media Journalist for the Office of Cuba Broadcasting's Digital Media and Strategy Division, with responsibility for conceiving, planning, researching, adapting, and editing content for OCB's digital platforms, websites, mobile news, and other digital outlets.
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Researches, selects, and writes original Spanish material using a variety of sources to prepare highly targeted and well-balanced web presentations to capture the attention of a Cuban audience.
- Prepares complex multimedia news reports for martinoticias.com and other OCB digital platforms.
- Covers news events, conducts and edits audio and/or video interviews, writes copy, and assembles multimedia reports.
- Reviews, selects, obtains, and edits still photos, audio, and video clips to accompany news articles published on the website.
- Contributes to the production elements including graphics, maps, time lines, animations, and other interactive elements.
- Proposes and executed new projects to make martinoticias.com more competitive in areas of innovation including web news presentation, interaction with other sections of the site, website visitors, and social media accounts.