Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
*****THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED DUE TO SYSTEM UNAVAILABILITY****
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), in Rockville, MD.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CTP-DE-13-936124 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
If selected for this position, you will support the Office of Science in analyzing and evaluating multiple research studies focused on health related issues associated with tobacco products to include:
- Serve as a technical advisor developing methods and selecting techniques to conduct methodological research to improve design, conduct and analysis of sample surveys, epidemiological, population-based or experimental studies.
- Conduct analyses and evaluations to determine the suitability, quality, and adequacy of data collected and adapt procedures as needed.
- Make thorough assessment of scientific data and provide well-reasoned recommendations to senior officials on improvements to the collection and analysis of statistical data.
- Present comprehensive reviews and analyses to include recommendations on expanding program effectiveness, improving quality and increasing performance.
- Write technical statistical reports based on the data collected.