Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
*****THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED DUE TO SYSTEM UNAVAILABILITY****
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), in Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CTP-MP-13-936764 consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
If selected for this position, you will support the Office of Science in analyzing and evaluating multiple research studies focused on health related issues associated with tobacco products to include:
- Serve as a technical advisor developing methods and selecting techniques to conduct methodological research to improve design, conduct and analysis of sample surveys, epidemiological, population-based or experimental studies.
- Conduct analyses and evaluations to determine the suitability, quality, and adequacy of data collected and adapt procedures as needed.
- Make thorough assessment of scientific data and provide well-reasoned recommendations to senior officials on improvements to the collection and analysis of statistical data.
- Present comprehensive reviews and analyses to include recommendations on expanding program effectiveness, improving quality and increasing performance.
- Write technical statistical reports based on the data collected.