Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Office of Acquisition Operations, Acquisition Service in Washington, DC.
More selection(s) may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
*Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
*Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
*Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
*Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The Supervisory Contracting Specialist in this position will be responsible for the supervision and management of a team of professional employees performing contracting and procurement activities to obtain obtain services and supplies, to include Interagency Agreements, for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Specifically, the Supervisory Contract Specialist will:
· Plan, develop, and establish the contractual strategy for acquisitions supporting major projects or programs of critical importance to include intergovernmental agency agreements.
· Serve as the principal contracting advisor to management for all contracting matters.
· Direct contracting administration actions including contract modifications, negotiation of changes, exercising of options, resolution of delays, disposition of claims, and tracking contractor performance.
· Perform supervisory authorities and responsibilities involving work assignment and review, as well as administrative and personnel management functions.
· Train subordinates in the methods and techniques of performing contract actions or arranges for specific training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
View Assessment Questions