Job Title:Computer Assistant
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:13-51070003-02633-DP-CO
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$38,790.00 to $38,790.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, August 02, 2013 to Wednesday, August 07, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Pine Knot, KY View Map|
1 vacancy - Estacada, OR View Map
1 vacancy - Harpers Ferry, WV View Map
1 vacancy - Laona, WI View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.|
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 13-51070003-02633-G-CO. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
There are four separate vacancies at four separate Job Corps Centers.
1. One position is located at Blackwell Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Laona, WI. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Holly Kulinski at (715) 674-7369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. One position is located at the Harpers Ferry Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Harpers Ferry, WV. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Wade Hampton at (304) 724-3446 or email email@example.com.
3. One position is located at the Pine Knot Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Pine Knot, KY. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Allen Vaughn at (606) 354-4245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. One position is located at the Timber Lake Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center in Estacada, OR. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Lisa Geren at (503) 834-3411 or email email@example.com.
Pay rates vary depending on location. See the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2013/general-schedule/ for additional information on pay rates.
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical support for the Center computer system(s) which may include but not limited to HP, IBM, Compaq, etc., and various software programs such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Novell, Corel Word perfect Office Suites, and GroupWise. Incumbent is responsible for WAN and LAN security issues, user support and system maintenance; backups; troubleshooting for network connectivity; space management; submitting requests for creating/deleting/modifying of employee profiles to Forest Service and/or Job Corps National Office; access, i.e. passwords, login verification, etc.; firewall maintenance and virus detection.
If you are claiming 10-point preference as a widow/widower of a certain deceased veteran, spouse of a veteran unable to work because of a service connected disability, or the mother of a deceased or disabled veteran, you must submit an SF-15 (Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference) and all supporting documentation listed on the second page of the SF-15. If you fail to submit the supporting documentation with your application, you will not be granted veterans preference. If you are not able to attach the forms to your application, you may fax to 253-573-9869, please include your name and the announcement number on all documents.
Please read the vacancy announcement thoroughly and follow all instructions to ensure proper consideration. If you are unable to apply on-line or have questions about the meaning of items in the vacancy announcement, please contact Human Resources Management at 1-877-372-7248.
Applications may be reviewed to verify qualifications and eligibility prior to issuing lists to a selecting official.
Applicants must submit all required documentation as stated in the vacancy announcement. Proof of education, license, hiring preference, prior federal service, and entitlement eligibility MUST be attached to your electronic application. Please review the "How To Apply" section within the vacancy announcement for further information. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted. The U.S. Forest Service is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Willing to live/work in remote locations (volatile/unpredictable).
- Subject to a negative drug test prior to entrance on duty.