The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The incumbent serves in the Office of Administrative Services, Division of Franchise Services, Customer & Project Management Branch possessing a thorough understanding of management analysis and project management techniques.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Act as a project manager and lead teams as assigned from various areas in OAS; set priorities and deadlines; report to the team on progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines; assign tasks to team members based on individual skills, difficulty of task, and priorities; make decisions on the work problems encountered by the team; serve as coach, facilitator, and/or negotiator in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus building activities; and provide assistance to team members in their work. Serve in the best interests of the OAS Project Management staff and its overall goals and objectives. This includes but is not limited to the adherence and evolution of the PM templates and artifacts for the purposes of project planning and execution.
- Follow appropriate and industry accepted project management practices (e.g. PMBOK) and other project lifecycle tools and approaches to the assigned work. To include but not limited to use of project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Products).
- Serve as a key contributor working with the Director and other Project Managers on continuous improvement ideas and initiatives in order to increase OAS’s overall project maturity and capabilities.
- Develop and review statements of work (SOW) and interagency agreements with those agencies choosing to receive OAS services. This includes developing accurate cost proposals for the many services being offered which involves overseeing and coordinating the analyses with a variety of managers. To include but not limited to participating in marketing conference calls and/or customer visits.
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provides or arranges for specific administrative or technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.