You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
GS-11: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes work experience using a programming language to develop and maintain code AND experience in all areas of the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC). OR
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Three (3) full academic years of progressively higher graduate level education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in any of the fields listed above. A copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned is required.
GS-09: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes work experience using a programming language to develop and maintain code OR experience in all areas of the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC). OR
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Two full years of progressively higher graduate education or Master's degree or an LL.B. or J.D. if related to the posted position. A copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned is required. OR
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education must include a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must demonstrate they have experience in each of the four competencies described below. The experience has to be IT-related.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your: 1. Resume, 2. Responses to the online questions, and 3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues related to the design, development, testing, and maintenance of application software.
- Ability to analyze and review system requirements and to develop technical solutions in a full cycle software development environment.
- Skill and ability to write technical documentation and communicate verbally technical information which explains software development related issues to non-technical as well as technical audiences.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, or Satisfactory, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans'preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.