Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- This position opportunity is also being advertised under All U.S. Citizens/Delegated Examining and at the GS-13 grade level. Please see vacancy announcement number MG-2013-14611-KJD-926247DE for additional information.
This position is ideal for an adult learning professional looking for an opportunity to maximize the training and education experience for the Nation's fire and emergency services community. This position starts at a salary of $89,033.00 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), United States Fire Administration (USFA), National Fire Academy Division in Emmitsburg, MD.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
In this position, you will become a member of the Administration & Delivery Branch. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a System Administrator for the Learning Management System, overseeing functional/technical operations, system enhancement and the documentation of system protocols;
- Developing policy guidelines and governance standards for National Fire Academy distance learning/learning management system/on-line course content as well as other emerging learning technology platforms;
- Serving as a Contracting Officer's Representative, determining appropriate products and services and defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables in accordance with learning technology and program delivery needs;
- Providing authoritative program advice to officials from other Federal, State, and local agencies and the private sector with regard to distance learning technologies and the on-line delivery and evaluation of course content.