Job Title: Physician Job Announcement Number: NCMD13MEPCOM935015HMS
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, August 15, 2013 to
Friday, January 03, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be paid.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
USMEPCOM evaluates applicants by applying established DoD standards during processing in order to determine eligibility for military service.
The United States Military Entrance Processing Command has the unique and challenging mission of determining the physical, mental and moral qualifications of every new member of the armed services. It guards and defends our nation's Freedoms by insuring qualified applicants are selected to serve this great country. By taking an oath and entering military service, they realize that service to country often means sacrificing. . . perhaps ultimately. . . the very freedom's they protect.
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% business travel required
- This is a direct hire solicitation.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Physician at the Military Entrance Processing Station, you will:
- Ensure cost effective consultations are being used and ensures consultants are aware of requirements relative to timely consultation scheduling and reports.
- Provide technical medical supervision to, and evaluation of work accomplished by, contract Fee Basis Providers and supervisor conducting medical examinations in the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS).
- Monitor and direct all medical aspects of the medical section, including review of medical records, performing detailed medical histories and physicals in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) standards; evaluation of labs; completion and accurate profiling; and communication with consultants and service waiver authorities.
- Evaluate and determine military suitability.
- Perform post-processing inspections according to the medical fitness standards, to include height and weight, inspect skin, and inquire about any new medical, psychological, drug, alcohol, medication, and/or pregnancy issues which have developed since last MEPS visit and complete appropriate forms.
- Communicate directly with applicants on issues regarding abnormal findings personally or in writing.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Specialized Experience: Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess 3 years of specialized experience to include internship/residency training involving General Practice. This required experience/training will include skills, such as, but not limited to, performing physicals to medically qualify applicants.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
- If selected, candidate must provide documents for credentialing.
- Occasional shift work (before 0600 or after 1800 hours) may be required.
- Occasionally may be required to work Saturdays.
- May require travel to other MEPS to cover staffing shortages.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Basis for Rating: Your application package (resume and supporting documents) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, as described in this Job Announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position. Your resume will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, January 03, 2014 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified." See: Transcripts and Licenses
License: You MUST submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted license.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is 935015. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact the Central Resume Processing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (410) 306-0137.
Additional Duty Location Info
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Miami, FL View Map
Tampa, FL View Map
Honolulu, HI View Map
Louisville, KY View Map
Kansas City, MO View Map
Omaha, NE View Map
Buffalo, NY View Map
Oklahoma City, OK View Map
Sioux Falls, SD View Map
Memphis, TN View Map
El Paso, TX View Map