Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in DHS, U.S. Coast Guard, Telecommunication and Information Systems Command (TISCOM), Asset Engineering Branch, in Alexandria, VA.
The incumbent serves as a senior security analyst and IT systems engineer, responsible for providing the design and documentation of all appropriate systems security policies and designs for all aspects of the entire Coast Guard classified and unclassified information systems infrastructure.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a recognized systems security expert, technical authority, and technical advisor/consultant to agency management and other government agencies
- Directing or managing enterprise programs, including the development and/or design of large, new, and unusually complex IT systems
- Developing the enterprise-wide implementation of new approaches to the development enterprise infrastructure that serves the entire Coast Guard
- Serving as an expert IT security and engineering consultant to resolve the most challenging problems on projects of enterprise scope and impact
- Providing highly advanced technical guidance and information to top level administrative and technical agency personnel