Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1647-WE-GR-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Honolulu Base, Personnel Support Department, Housing Division, located in Honolulu, HI.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the administration, operation, and management of government owned and unaccompanied personnel housing on Oahu. Manages the administration and operation of all leased housing on Oahu, to include lease housing geographically dispersed throughout the area of responsibility within the pacific. As necessary provides administrative oversight to tenant commands' government owned housing located on the island Kauai and Maui Hawaii.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Manages assignments to leased and owned housing, including Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH).
- Makes recommendations for leased housing allocations to the Area Housing Officer through studies and surveys of available community assets. Housing trends and analysis are used to prepare correspondence, technical reports, status reports and schedules.
- Reviews current expenditures for housing operations and maintenance activities; estimates projected costs; and develops recommendations for resources to accomplish housing operations.
- Settles lessor/tenant claim disputes, which may range from breach of contract to excessive utility usage, at the local level when possible.
- Executes and coordinate a viable housing referral and sponsor coordination program by maintaining listings of available rentals/sales, counsels incoming members on the availability of housing and landlord/tenant relations and member’s responsibilities in the civilian community.