Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 933435
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.govNote:
The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-13. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-11 to GS-13. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Relocation/Recruitment Expenses:
Recruitment/Relocation expenses may authorized for this position.
The Telemental Health Psychologist for Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System (TVCBHCS), will serve within the Mental Health Service Line and will be assigned to McAllen, Texas.
Major duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Providing a full range of psychological services via video teleconferencing system.
· Delivery of telemental health services to Veterans located at all VA Department of Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System facilities: McAllen Outpatient Clinic, Harlingen Outpatient Clinic, Harlingen Health Care Center, and Corpus Christi Out Patient Clinic, Corpus Christi Specialty Clinic, and Laredo Outpatient Clinic, as well as to non-VA sites of care.
· Provide Psychological services to include: screening for psychopathology, cognitive deficits, psychotherapy-individual and/or group formats, empirically-based interventions.
· Will serve as a resource for other professional personnel concerning the need for, evaluation of and development of psychological services.
· Provide oversight of the administrative programmatic resources of various clinical programs that are complex and significantly impact the delivery of health care services.
· Ensures clinical programs assigned meet the facility and Department of Veterans Affairs guidelines.
Note: Tour of Duty is Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, dependent on patient care needs.
Note: This is a Bargaining Unit Position.