Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
As a Deputy Federal Security Director (DFSD) for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), your duties will include:
- Supporting the Federal Security Director (FSD) by providing day-to-day direction for Federal airport security staff and operations.
- Supporting security evolution and ensuring the deployment, management and oversight of people, processes and technology to improve security operations while enhancing the experience of the traveling public and the work experience of the airport workforce.
- Instilling trust, loyalty, pride and teamwork at the airport while ensuring performance accountability.
- Communicating clearly, concisely and collaboratively in order to ensure effective airport operations.
- Establishing an open learning environment.
- Fostering a role-based, collaborative organization that networks freely to accomplish the mission.
- Creating a culture that supports an exceptional workforce through empowerment, use of risk-based decision making, and coaching/mentoring.
- Managing with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of TSA.
- Providing risk assessments, tactical planning, execution and operating management for coordinated security services.
- Developing and maintaining a collaborative environment within TSA and with TSA stakeholders to effectively manage security operations.
- Ensuring the application and promotion of the Integrated Conflict Management System (ICMS) core principles and standards into all operational plans, processes and practices.
- Providing oversight and management of passenger, baggage and air cargo security programs.
- Organizing and implementing crisis and incident management response plans and preparing the Federal Security Crisis Management Response Plan.
- Assessing risk and providing optimal communication to the workforce to ensure personnel have the information needed to effectively make decisions regarding passenger security.
- Developing, supporting and promoting performance accountability standards through the development of key performance measures and the staff's performance plans.
- Providing staff with coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities, and building effective teams.
- Actively managing airport operations using risk assessments to determine threats and guiding an empowered workforce that is capable of utilizing a variety of tools (e.g., standard operating procedures, intuition, situation assessment skills, teammates, flexibility, cooperative problem solving and decision making) to mitigate threats.
- Applying collaborative, strength based organizational management techniques to ensure thorough coordination, oversight and management of TSA security activities.