DeCA's mission is to deliver a premier Commissary benefit to the Armed Services Community that:
- Encourages an exciting shopping experience
- Satisfies customer demand for quality grocery and household products
- Delivers exceptional savings
About the Position:
AMENDED TO CHANGE CLOSING DATE TO 01/17/2014*
This announcement is a Standing Register. Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time, or intermittent work schedules.
Position is located in a Central Distribution Center (CDC) at a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) facility in the Western Pacific Region, Japan. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties involved with receiving, prepositioning, assembling for issue, and distributing a wide variety of merchandise, products, and supplies peculiar to a commissary store operation.
DeCA Commissaries Homepage
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the local commuting area in the categories listed below are eligible to apply for this position:
- Current Civilian DeCA employees with competitive status
- DoD Transfer
- Non-DoD Transfer
- Reinstatement eligibles
- Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Interchange Agreement eligibles
- Military Spouse Preference for Overseas Employment
- Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment
- Executive Order 13473 for Certain Military Spouses
- Excepted Service Family Member for Overseas Employment
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- OPM Interchange Agreement
- Interagency Career Transition Assitance Program (ICTAP)
Eligible veterans may apply regardless of geographical location:
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- 30% Disabled Veterans
a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army is furloughing most of
its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year 2013. An employee in
this position MAY be subject to furlough. If applicable, specific information
regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to the individual
selected for this position.
You will serve as a Materials Handler (Fork Lift Operator) responsible for receiving, unloading, and processing incoming shipments of items arriving via various modes of transportation. You will assemble items, grouping material according to receiving vouchers and, as necessary, into subgroups based on property class, condition, and type of transaction. You will store, stack, and palletize items based on precedent and/or established procedures. You will use handcarts, dollies, forklifts, and other manual and automated equipment to move stock. You will select and assemble items for shipment or issue. You will assemble items for shipping according to information on receiving vouchers. You will check the condition of shipping containers prior to loading and ensure shipments are loaded into proper conveyances. You will assist in determining the reasons for overages, shortages, or misplaced items. You will follow general safety practices in operating equipment and perform operator's maintenance on equipment.