Department: Department of Defense
Agency: Defense Commissary Agency
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
DeCA's mission is to deliver a premier Commissary benefit to the Armed Services Community that:
- Encourages an exciting shopping experience
- Satisfies customer demand for quality grocery and household products
- Delivers exceptional savings
About the Position: *ANNOUNCEMENT AMENDED TO CHANGE CLOSING DATE TO 01/17/2014*
This announcement is a Standing Register. Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time, or intermittent work schedules.
Position is located in a Central Distribution Center (CDC) at a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) facility in the Western Pacific Region, Japan. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties involved with receiving, prepositioning, assembling for issue, and distributing a wide variety of merchandise, products, and supplies peculiar to a commissary store operation.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the local commuting area in the categories listed below are eligible to apply for this position:
- Current Civilian DeCA employees with competitive status
- DoD Transfer
- Non-DoD Transfer
- Reinstatement eligibles
- Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Interchange Agreement eligibles
- Military Spouse Preference for Overseas Employment
- Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment
- Executive Order 13473 for Certain Military Spouses
- Excepted Service Family Member for Overseas Employment
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- OPM Interchange Agreement
- Interagency Career Transition Assitance Program (ICTAP)
Eligible veterans may apply regardless of geographical location:
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- 30% Disabled Veterans
NOTE: As a result of sequestration and budget shortfalls, Army is furloughing most of its employees for some amount of time during fiscal year 2013. An employee in this position MAY be subject to furlough. If applicable, specific information regarding the administrative furlough will be provided to the individual selected for this position.
- Not Required
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is NOT authorized.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights up to 70 pounds.
- May be required to work rotating shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must obtain &maintain Material Handling Equipment proficiency certification
- Must satisfy the requirements of the July 26, 2012 DoD 1400.25, Volume 1230