· Must possess three (3) years of experience in the field of medical records that included the preparation, maintenance, and management of medical records and health information systems, OR,
· Must possess an Associate degree in the health information field plus one (1) year of experience that included the preparation, maintenance, and management of medical records and health information systems OR,
· Successful completion of training for health information technicians in a school accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) at the time the program was completed may be substituted for one (1) year of experience. No credit will be given for partial completion of such training OR,
· Must possess education equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college OR,
· Must possess equivalent of one (1) year of active practice in the health information management field that included knowledge of the content and uses of health records, computerized information systems, and disease and procedural indices, ability to apply the concepts principles, and practices of health information administration; ability to apply knowledge of anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical terminology to health information management functions OR,
· Must maintenance/possession of an active credential from AHIMA as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR,
· Successfully completed the academic course work leading to an advanced degree in health information management or related field.
Additional to Basic Requirements:
One (1) full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement or, one (1) year equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level.
Specialized Experience includes but is not limited to a comprehensive understanding of clinical classification systems and nomenclatures; the ability to provide advisory and technical expertise on a range of health information management/medical record issue to staff, management, and the general public; knowledge of and ability to use and evaluate software programs and information systems relative to health information services; ability to use data collection and analytical techniques for purposes of review, quality control, studies, and analysis.
RATING/RANKING PROCEDURES: Applicants who meet the qualification AND basic requirement will be further evaluated by determining the extent to which their work or related experience, education, training, etc., indicate they possess the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD 214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.