The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is located in the Clinical Laboratory of the Claremore Indian Hospital, the purpose of the positon is to provide technical support and assistance to the clinical laboratory professionals. The position is under the supervison of the Laboratory Manager.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Collect adequate and correct blood specimens by veni-puncture or micro-technique on pateints.
- Instruct patients on correct specimen collection procedure and appropriate fasting before certain testing.
- Sort and process specimens received in central receipt area and maintains order and timely flow of specimens to technical lab area.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing lab reports, making copies of reports, answering departmental telephone, operating a computer and accessing the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS).
- Perform clerical duties such as accessioning tests, recalling patients, delivering reports, answering the telephone and ordering and stocking supplies for the phlebotomy area.