Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National, current or former career/career conditional Federal employee with competitive status, VEOA eligible, or are eligible for a non-competitive hiring authority (i.e. 30% or more Compensable Veterans, Schedule A, reinstatement eligible, interchange agreements, etc.). You may apply as an Open Competitive candidate if you are a US Citizen.
This announcement may be used to fill addtional vacancies.
The incumbent will:
- Assist in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties in a laboratory or field environment.
- Keep detailed records of experimental data.
- Perform routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
- Utilize computers and software packages to tabulate, statistically analyze, and summarize data.
- Collect, prepare, evaluate, and verify samples and supporting records.
- Maintain sample records and locate and compile pertinent information from various sources to include in the records.
- Maintain an inventory of chemicals for research and experiments.