Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Program Analyst position is located in the International Technical Assistance Branch, Integrated Plans and Support Division, Office of Global Strategies (OGS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as OGS' primary technology liaison with TSA stakeholders. You will also serve as a technology subject matter expert with other U.S. government stakeholders, foreign partners, associations, and industry. This includes executing and managing the OGS technology assistance program; familiarization with emerging and current screening technologies for, but not limited to passengers, baggage, and cargo; and providing technology consultations, demonstrations, and training to foreign partners. Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the risk analysis of screening technology capability for the OGS risk management strategic framework. Evaluating current and emerging threats, analyzing screening capabilities and providing useful conclusions and mitigating strategies to senior leadership.
- Participating in integrated project teams to assist in providing scientific and technical input to new or existing initiatives, policies or decisions which have a nexus to security technology.
- Establishing critical partnerships with other TSA organizations, DHS, and external stakeholders including senior representatives from other government agencies, industry and professional groups, technical institutions, academia, associations and companies, and other specific interest groups to stay abreast of emerging developments in detection technology and provide input relative to OGS’ mission.
- Attending regular external meetings regarding technology development with TSA’s research and development partners, and providing scientific verbal and written input relative to TSA’s threat detection requirements in emerging detection technology development. Assisting the Chief Scientist by coordinating research, development, and testing efforts with international partners.
- Developing and updating security technology related requirements for OGS enterprise data applications to ensure OGS data collections strategies accurately assess technology at foreign locations and increases the accuracy of security technology reporting and analysis.
- Monitoring and analyzing security measures against adapting and evolving terrorist threats, specifically maintaining a proficiency on intelligence regarding terrorists Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), and providing novel security approaches to improve security technology. Providing scientific and technical assessments relevant to the OGS mission.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (SV-I Band) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and projects or work assignments may be less complex.