Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition, and Logistics, Technology Aquisition Center (TAC) located in Eatontown, NJ.
More selection(s) may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Current, transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
*Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
*Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
* Current, transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
· Assist the Director with implementation of complex acquisition strategies and methodologies for acquisitions that are large dollar, multi-year, technically complex, and national in scope.
· Formulate and recommend policies and plans pertaining to acquisition planning, procurement, and contract administration in connection with acquiring the supplies, equipment, and services required for the provision of benefits and medical care to the Nations veterans.
· Evaluate the effectiveness and economy of the Technology Acquisition Center (TAC) procurement activities and provides for the necessary research in the broad aspects of procurement management.
· Accomplish major systems acquisitions with an emphasis on Special Systems Acquisition supporting the VAs Office of Information Technology, and support of other organizational requirements.
· Analyzes markets, prepares market forecasts, develops market sources, and maintains favorable relations with vendors.
· Oversees the development and management of new procurement initiatives.