Job Title:Sample Custodian, WG-05
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:HHS-FDA-ORA-MP-13-933275
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, August 06, 2013 to
Tuesday, August 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
New York, NY United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Northeast Regional Laboratory located in Jamaica, NY.
The FDA's Office of Regulatory Affairs is the lead office for all FDA Field activites as well as providing FDA leadership on imports, inspections, and enforcement policy. ORA supports FDA Product Centers by inspecting regulated products and manufacturers, conducting sample analysis on regulated products, and reviewing imported products offered for entry into the United States. ORA also develops FDA-wide policy on compliance and enforcement.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-ORA-DE-13-923877 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Sample Custodian, the incumbent will maintain the operation of the sample room including receipt, dispensing, and proper destruction of regulatory samples in the laboratory.
. Organizes food, drug, cosmetics, medical devices and potentially hazardous substances in their proper locations according to agency guidelines.
· Tracks and records samples collected for accountability records.
· Disposes of samples using special handling of hazardous substances.
· Conducts inventory using automated systems to input and retrieve data.
. Performs and maintains inventory of laboratory equipment and consumables.
. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To be considered for this Sample Custodian WG-05 position you must:
Demonstrate the ability to do the work of a Sample Custodian under normal supervision. In addition, you must demonstrate knowledge of the technical practices commonly used in the trade; storing and maintaining samples in proper storage conditions; maintaining logs for tracking such as the location of samples; and disposing of materials.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Delete if not Applicable:
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
· Ability to do the Work of the Position without More than Normal Supervision
· Ability to interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
· Knowledge of Materials
· Technical Practices/Work Practices