**TSA may apply a gender-specific (male or female) hiring preference to fill TSO positions in order to meet security mission and same gender pat-down job-related requirements. At airport locations where it is necessary to apply the hiring preference, candidates of the needed gender will be provided preference in the scheduling of the computer based aptitude test, airport assessments, processing and selection.**
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People-At the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities, towns, and country-sides across the nation, you will be on the front line of the Department of Homeland Security's TSA team as they secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency, please Click Here.
Realistic Job Preview: The Realistic Job Preview gives you an honest, objective and vivid portrait of what it means to work as a Transportation Security Officer (TSO). Many TSO applicants are not aware of the real requirements of the job. The Realistic Job Preview provides employee testimonies about both the good and the challenging aspects of being a TSO.
To view the Transportation Security Officer (TSO) Realistic Job Preview video, please Click Here.
Salary Information: The salary range listed includes locality pay of 14.16% and reflects the salary range for a full-time position. However, salaries for part-time positions will be pro-rated based upon the actual number of hours worked. Starting a career with TSA as a TSO may lead to promotion possibilities within DHS.
Please Note: This Job Opportunity Announcement is being used to fill positions at this airport location only. If you are interested in a different airport location, you will need to apply to a job opportunity announcement for that specific location when advertised.
This position is located at Little Rock National Airport in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) provide security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner. This includes:
- Operating screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft;
- Performing searches, to include hand-wand and pat-down searches;
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points;
- Interacting with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries;
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.