Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
NOTE: This position is in the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps and you will be referred as a Commissioned Corps personnel and not as a candidate to a permanent GS career or career-conditional appointment. This USPHS position is being filled at the rank of Captain (O-6).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ONLY USPHS OFFICERS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION BASED ON THE APPLICANT'S YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND THE NEEDS OF THE LOCATION.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyber space and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/.
The ICE Health Service Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services.
The incumbent serves as the Team Lead/Supervisor for the IHSC Health System Resource Management Unit (HSRMU), directly reporting to the IHSC Chief of Staff, and is responsible for management and oversight of all programs and activities that relate to financial, acquisition and resource management.
***This Position is open for U.S. Public Health Service officers only***
MISSION:The ICE Health Service Corps protects America by providing health care and public health services in support of immigration and customs law enforcement. This is accomplished through maintaining a committed, effective and efficient workforce who provides evidenced based appropriate health care in a cost effective manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Health Care, or Finance. Master Degree preferred.
- If the incumbent holds a clinical license, it is the responsibility of the incumbent to fulfill the obligation(s) of their licensing or certifying body to maintain currency. This position may be required to perform clinical activities with the scope of clinical license in times of critical needs within the agency.
- Healthcare Field Work Experience.
- Business Acumen.
- Leadership Skills.
- Supervisory Skills.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills.
- Organizational/Time Management Skills.
- Management of Personnel Resources.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Active Listening.
- Judgment and Decision Making.
- Cultural Competency.
- Maintain current license and meet continuing State edu requirements(if req)
- Maintain BLS certifications (if req)
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab)
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Ability to pass background investigation