Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Compliance (OC), Division of Enforcement, Labeling and Dietary Supplement Compliance Team (DELDSCT), in College Park, MD.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CFSN-DE-13-935738 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
· Evaluate the adequacy of documented observations contained in inspection reports using scientific principles.
· Write Center Concurrence Memos to represent the Center's final decision regarding cases.
· Perform review of inspection reports using FDA laws & policies to ensure consistency with previous
actions related to labeling and dietary supplements Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
· Review scientific response memos from Center experts regarding dietary supplements GMPs.
· Evaluate science, policy, and technical reviews to determine next steps for assigned cases and
evaluate adequacy of case evidence.
· Consult with appropriate program offices to obtain consistent and timely responses to regulatory &
· Develop enforcement strategies for inclusion in Compliance Programs and assignments in conjunction
with program offices.