Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe. For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants within the local commuting area under announcement 13-1880-SE-AM-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/US Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics, Office of Base Operations, Norfolk, VA
This position is located in the US Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics (DOL) that is the direct representative of Deputy Commandant Mission Support (DCMS) for all logistics matters supporting Coast Guard contingency operations.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
* Providing direct administrative support to the Chief, Office of Base Operations; he/she is responsible for and will act as liaison to base entities for resource management and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, business plans, and performance measures in order to assess strategic and long and short range business impacts on the DOL.
* Devising and developing detailed plans, goals, and objectives for the long range implementation and administration of major agency initiatives.
* Providing analysis and evaluations to management that encompass programmatic milestones, schedules, and budgetary resource planning and execution required for effective management, operations, and decision making in support of base operations.
* Working with operational and support programs and field commands to develop workforce utilization proposals that require approval of upper management.
* Conducting manpower and cost analysis studies to determine need for and feasibility of special programs and projects.
* Reviewing program and makes recommendations for significant changes to work practices guidance and policy.
* Providing assistance with the development of organizational proposals by analyzing and evaluating existing base organizational structure prior to recommending changes in workforce distribution, positions, and/or functional responsibility.