Job Title: Program Support Assistant (OA)Job Announcement Number: UK932809-ARS-MR
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Agricultural Research Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 to
Monday, August 12, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Collins, CO United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) works to ensure that Americans have reliable, adequate supplies of high-quality food and other agricultural products. ARS accomplishes its goals through scientific discoveries that help solve problems in crop and livestock production and protection, human nutrition, and the interaction of agriculture and the environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet specialized experience requirement. Must type 40 words per minute.
- Complete the Occupational Questionnaire/submit resume/supporting documents.
- Some travel may be required for meetings and/or training purposes.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position is assigned to the the Agricultural Systems Research Unit, Northern Plains Area, located in Fort Collins, CO. This position serves as a personal assistant to the Research Leader or Center Director and other professional staff, coordinating a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks essential to the program administration of the Management Unit. This position requires the skills of a qualified typist to perform word processing, and other office automation duties.
Major responsibilities include:
- Providies technical and procedural advice in support of research program administration by identifying and analyzing issues and taking or recommending action using established guidelines.
- Serves as the initial point-of-contact for all questions, information and problem resolution in the areas of budget and accounting, agreements, travel, human resources, files management, correspondence preparation and control, time and attendance, office automation systems, and purchasing/procurement.
- Assists the Research Leader/Center Director with program management and administrative duties.
- At least 25% of the time is dedicated to program management and administrative assistance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Monday, August 12, 2013.
You may start at the GS-7 grade level if you have the following qualifications:
- One full-time year (12 months) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 grade level of the Federal service or private sector equivalent. This experience is in or related to the line of work of this position and has equipped you with specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to independently perform a full range of technical and administrative support functions in an office. Your experience has demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge providing administrative support and program management for budget and accounting, agreements, travel, human resources, files management, correspondence preparation and control, time and attendance, office automation systems, and purchasing and procurement.
Typing Requirement: You must possess a typing speed of 40 words per minute.
The substitution of education is not qualifying for the GS-7 position.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with public and peer groups.
· Ability to research, interpret and apply administrative regulations, procedures, directives and instructions.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate office operating programs and services.
· Ability to use various software packages.
· Ability to exercise initiative in organizing work and setting priorities.
· Administrative support task.
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.