Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to serve as the Chief of the Facilities Branch with full responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating all activities and critical functions through subordinate supervisors and employees? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
As a Program Manager/Chief of Facilities Branch, GS-0340-15, for NPPD OUS, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting strategic plans and vision for the Facilities Branch (department mission, facility plans, real property utilization, etc.);
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all activities and critical functions of both facets of facilities (real property management and operations and maintenance);
- Incorporating environmental management, asset management, records management, facilities procurement, logistics operations, emergency preparedness, building security, budget formation and strategic planning of national level projects into every facilities action;
- Provide advice on all matters pertaining to the Agency's facilities and infrastructure, including facilities planning and program development, capital repair, restoration, improvement, planning, contract administration, and development of budgetary resource requirements; and,
- Overseeing the establishment of performance standards and objectives, evaluating performance of subordinate supervisors/managers, and establishing effective lines of communication to share the organization's vision, requirements and objectives with the staff.